Campfire Labs is a content marketing agency that helps brands like Outreach, Gong, Drift, and others tell stories that inspire. We’re a mission-driven company that puts people first, and we donate 50% of our profits to climate action.
Our Account Director proactively identifies, develops, and manages the relationships between our company and our clients. They're responsible for managing the full sales lifecycle at Campfire Labs, including outreach to potential clients, scoping projects, creating proposals, signing contracts, ensuring a smooth handoff to our editorial team, and identifying opportunities to renew or develop client relationships.
In hiring for this role, we're looking for someone who can generate new pipeline and help us grow our business. We hope to find a candidate who enjoys sales outreach and business development, and who thrives creating the kinds of meaningful, long-lasting relationships that serve as the foundation of our business.
This is a full-time, remote role with a base salary of $80,000 USD plus commission. The Account Director reports to (and is supported by) our General Manager, and also works closely with our Creative Director and Director of Editorial Operations.
In this role, you will:
- Build targeted account lists to identify companies that might be interested in our services
- Use email, LinkedIn, and other channels to identify, contact, follow up with, and schedule calls with companies and individuals who fit our ideal customer profile
- Conduct calls with new prospects and existing customers to understand their unique situation, perspective, needs, and goals, and share potential solutions and relevant examples of how we’ve helped other clients achieve similar goals
- In collaboration with our Editorial team, scope out new projects and write, send, and update proposals and contracts, with a goal of closing new business
- Coordinate kickoff calls with our Editorial team, ensuring that the team has all the context they need to provide a great client experience prior to kickoff
- Work with existing clients to identify and develop new revenue opportunities and expand into other parts of their business
- Engage with prospects and existing clients on LinkedIn to start sales conversations, and maintain an active network within the B2B, SaaS, and content marketing communities, including attending virtual events or joining communities which may lead to future business development opportunities
- Help raise awareness of Campfire Labs by maintaining an active presence on LinkedIn and any other relevant social networks and communities
- Regularly report on progress and results to our General Manager and other stakeholders, including insights and recommendations into deal quality, velocity, trends, pricing strategy, and product-market fit
What we’re looking for:
- Sales experience: This isn’t your first sales role. You know how to generate your own pipeline, are comfortable pitching solutions and ideas, and have experience getting even complicated deals across the finish line.
- Business-development focus: We’re looking for someone who loves connecting with people, nurturing relationships, and creating new revenue opportunities. While our existing customer base and marketing will provide 30-50% of opportunities, we expect this hire to generate the remaining pipeline through outreach and business development.
- B2B and SaaS experience: Most of our customers currently fall into these categories, so we’re looking for someone who has either worked in-house at a B2B/SaaS company or in an agency environment serving similar types of clients.
- Content marketing knowledge: While our ideal hire hasn’t necessarily worked in marketing, they should have a general understanding of how content marketing works. We’ll train for this, and you’ll have the full support of our Editorial team, including our Creative Director, so any experience in this area is a plus, not a requirement.
- Existing network: This is another nice-to-have: if you have connections within the B2B, SaaS, or tech industry (or any other industries where we may be able to sell our services), that will help you get started faster.
- Organization skills: You can independently organize and manage your work, prioritizing activities that will yield the best results. You have managed a sales pipeline/CRM in the past and are diligent about keeping it up to date. You understand the importance of following up on leads and opportunities in a timely fashion.
- Communication skills: You’re a skilled writer and self-editor with great attention to detail. You’re comfortable taking (frequent) phone and video calls with clients and prospects. And above all else, you know the value of active listening.
- Kindness: Our team is built around a shared value of kindness: to each other, to our clients, and to the rest of the world at large. We look for this value in everyone we hire.
What you’ll be doing:
To give you an idea of how we plan to get this new hire up to speed, here’s a quick overview of how we see the first six months going, including how we plan on measuring success at the pivotal 90- and 180-day marks.
In the first three months, you will:
- Learn the Campfire Labs business model, including what types of services we provide, how we structure engagements, how we price projects, and how we work
- Proactively identify and develop relationships with prospects, with the immediate goal of setting up meetings and generating new pipeline
- Begin to build an active network of prospects across all stages of the sales lifecycle, and maintain this pipeline daily in our CRM (Copper)
- Shadow our General Manager and Creative Director on external and internal calls to learn how new projects are won, from pitch to proposal to contract to kickoff
In months four to six, you will:
- Take more ownership over the later stages of the sales process, including handling client calls, closing deals, and negotiating renewals or contract expansions
- Report weekly to our GM on sales activity, including forecasting on potential or upcoming deals, renewals, and upsells
- Take a more active presence in internal meetings with our Editorial team, including offering feedback and suggestions on how we can support our clients better
- Continue learning about our clients and their content expectations by shadowing various members of the Campfire team, including Staff Writers and Project Managers
Finally, by the six-month mark, you will:
- Be solely responsible for all stages of the sales process, from outreach to close, and all interactions with prospects up to and including project kickoff
- Have an active and well-maintained sales pipeline in our CRM
- Be a trusted member of the internal leadership team, seen as a source of knowledge not only on sales and revenue, but also on our clients
What we have to offer:
Our team is passionate about telling stories that inspire. But we’re motivated by a larger social mission, and always put people before profits.
We take work-life balance seriously: we have a 32-hour work week, offer 4 weeks (16 days) of paid time off, and close our office for two weeks each year so the team can recharge. We’ve also pledged 50% of our profits to groups that fight climate change, with an additional percentage of profits going back into our employees’ pockets in the form of quarterly bonuses.
Here’s the full list of benefits included with this (and every) role:
- Competitive salary with quarterly profit-sharing bonuses
- 32-hour work week with flexible hours
- 4 weeks (16 days) of personal paid time off per year
- 2 additional week-long office closures so you can rest, reset, and spend time with family and friends
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, including dependent coverage
- A fully remote environment
How to apply:
Click "Apply For this Job" and fill out the form on the next page to apply. We only need your application and answers to the questions listed—no cover letter or long forms required.
We’re excited to hear from you!